Sate Ria is back!

After 22 years of dormancy, the Sate Ria brand has been revived.

I saw the Sate Ria sign on a two-storey building in Section 9, Shah Alam about a week ago and told my family about it. Yesterday night my mom had a craving for satay, so the two of us with both kids in tow decided to check it out.

After ordering our food, the CEO came over to have a chat with us. They had just finished a 'doa selamat' there earlier. Apparently this is their 'central kitchen' and they will be opening their first 'outlet' in Ampang sometime next month, where Tun Mahathir will officially re-launch the brand. They used to have Sate Ria outlets in London, LA and several other cities. Now they plan to open their first two international outlets in Jeddah and Xi'an.

Then the satay arrived at our table. It was pretty good, though the satay was just slightly salty. One of the most important things to enjoying satay is the kuah kacang (peanut sauce), and I rank my mom and my hubby as the two main kuah kacang connoisseurs in the family. They can just continuously eat nasi impit with good kuah kacang, especially during raya season! My mom gave her thumbs-up... but hubby said that the kuah was still slightly lacking. However, please note that mom ate at the restaurant while everything was nice and hot, while hubby had the take-away version at home an hour later. Personally I thought it was good :)


I also like their innovative kuah kacang 'bowl'. It has a handle, and at first glance just looks like a small gravy boat. But then the CEO pointed out to us that the end is not a regular spout. It has a small kink to place the satay stick in, so you can push the satay meat to the end of the stick easily as you are eating! I thought that was pretty cool :)

As the CEO mentioned, they are in the early stages and are still fine tuning their menu before the official relaunch. Hopefully Sate Ria will get it right this time around and be here to stay. Best of Luck to them!!

xo.

p/s I've just realised that my last 3 postings have been about food, lol.

No comments: