Colour: Hot Chocolate

I love colour, especially when they are assigned scrumptious-sounding names!

You know when you're buying lipstick or lipgloss and you have a look at the name of the colour behind the tube. It's always something interesting like berrylicious, luscious candy or mocha mist. The name itself gives an added appeal to what would generally be called dark pink, pink or brown.

Earlier tonight, hubby dearest asked me to go with him to Auto-Bavaria's 'Supper' event. Yup, he's a bmw guy. Me, I'm not really a car person. To me a car takes you from point A to point B. Yes, some cars are nicer to drive than others, but generally I don't really study the finer details of any one car. However, I have noticed that my knowledge of cars has vastly improved after being married to a car-enthusiast! I can actually tell a real M3 from an M3-wannabe, lol. This is from someone who didn't even know what an M3 was in the first place!

Anyway, we went, had a look at some beemers, had some 'supper', then we went over next door to look at the mini coopers. The first mini we saw was your typical bright red mini with white stripes. Definitely cute & bright, but I see a lot of these on the road so it was nothing new. Then we went out on their outer terrace and I saw it. It was a gorgeous Brown mini with black stripes. Now brown is probably one of my favourite colours. It's very warm and earthly, and goes so well when partnered with other colours! So I went closer to the car to inspect the colour. It was a deep chocolate brown with a sort-of pearlized shimmer to it. And when I saw the interior, I was like double-wow... it was brown leather with cream detailing. Be still my beating heart! This was soooooo my dream colour car!



We sat in the car. It was like being engulfed in a lovely chocolate cocoon with a dollop of cream on the side. And it came with 'mood lights' too! There were 4 colours: pink, purple, orange & blue. Unfortunately, the area was too brightly lit for me to enjoy the full effect of the mood lights, but I can certainly imagine how cool the ambience of the interior would be driving this car at night :)

When I asked the sales guy what the colour of the car was, he said Hot Chocolate. And I sighed contentedly at how delicious it sounded. It made me feel like taking out my cheque book and saying I'll have this please, thank you very much! The only thing that stopped me from doing that was probably the fact that I didn't have my cheque book on me, and oh yes, ahem, the hefty RM220,000 price tag.

Sweetie, if you're reading this, feel free to surprise me on our anniversary with this 'little' gift. Afterall, didn't you see, it totally matched my handbag!! lol

xo.

No comments: